Merry Christmas Dazzlers! Here is a lipstick trick just in time for the festive season and works perfectly with those bright and festive lipsticks that are particularly notorious for not staying in place!
Personally my lips do not seem to like lipstick sealer as it often leaves my lips dry, sore and tasting pretty bad! This method uses loose finishing powder and although it takes slightly longer than using a sealer I have found that this method keeps your lipstick in place for just as long without so much of a drying effect.
So if you’ve got a love for brightly coloured lips or you fancy a splash of colour on these dark winter days give this a try!
I have enlisted the help of my wonderful friend Beth (and her gorgeous lips!) as I have learnt many tips and tricks from her over the years! Also you can see the steps of this tutorial on 2 different lip shapes and using different lipstick and pencil shades.
You will need:
- Lip balm
- Your lipstick of choice
- Lip pencil (a colour that will easily blend with your lipstick, if you cannot find one that exactly matches your lipstick then go for one that is lighter rather than darker)
- Loose finishing powder
- A tissue
1. Start with bare lips and a apply a thin layer of lip balm to keep your lips healthy and soft.
2. Lightly cover your lips with a loose finishing powder so they become matt.
3. Outline your lips with a lip pencil, ensuring you have a neat line.
4. Fill in your lips with the pencil.
5. Apply lipstick to both your top and bottom lips.
6. Dab off the excess lipstick with a tissue.
7. Apply another layer of powder so your lips become matt again.
8. Apply another layer of lipstick and dap off any excess with a tissue.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 again.
Now… this is technically where the tutorial finishes. HOWEVER, the more you repeat steps 6-8 and build up layers of lipstick and powder the longer your lipstick will stay in place for!
Merry Christmas and enjoy!